March 24th, 2014
Source: finalcall.com website; Muslim Journal newspaper issue No.27 done on April 7, 2006 (copy of newspaper was given to our National Grand Sheik J. Bratton-Bey)
On Sunday, February 23, 2014 at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan; Minister Louis Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam spoke about a few of our great men and women who have paved the way for our awakening, fighting for freedom and stimulating our consciousness about who we were. This talk was done at the Nation of Islam Saviours’ Day 2014 event. In his opening statements Minister Louis Farrakhan mentioned among other leaders Marcus Garvey and Prophet Noble Drew Ali. Marcus Garvey is known to the Moorish-Americans as the forerunner of Prophet Noble Drew Ali; and of course Prophet Noble Drew Ali was the founder of the Moorish Science Temple Divine and National movement in 1913. Excerpts of the Saviours’ Day keynote address delivered by Minister Louis Farrakhan are as follows:
“Marcus Garvey, bless him forever and ever: That man organized Black people in a way that had never been done before in America – (‘One Faith. One Aim. One Destiny’). Here are his words when he was imprisoned in Atlanta…’And remember! All good men go to prison – they don’t even fear going to jail! One has fear just in going to jail for pimping; fear in going to jail for dope smoking. But to go to jail for standing up for your people? That’s an honorable sentence. Accept it, if that is your lot!’ Mr. Garvey said: ‘If I die in Atlanta’ – he’s in prison – ‘my work shall then only begin, but I shall live in the physical or spiritual, to see the day of Africa’s glory. When I am dead, wrap the mantle of the Red, Black and Green around me, for in the new life I shall rise with God’s grace and blessing to lead the millions up the heights of triumph with the colors that you well know. Look for me in the whirlwind or the storm, look for me all around you, for, with God’s grace, I shall come and bring with me countless millions of black slaves who have died in America and the West Indies and the millions in Africa to aid you in the fight for Liberty, Freedom and Life.’ ” – Minister Louis Farrakhan
“Now let’s look at Noble Drew Ali: A man that died a young man; he lived from 1886 to 1929. I salute my brother: He is the first man to bring Islam to us in the way he tried to bring it; and, I thank him and I thank Allah for him! He said: ‘The Moors were enslaved by reducing their mentality to that of Negroes, Blacks and Colored People. As a man thinketh so is he.’ He’s calling all Black people in America ‘Moors’; but ‘Moors’ is the name given to the Muslims from North Africa that invaded the Iberian Peninsula, and brought Islam to Spain and Portugal and southern France! So, he’s calling us ‘Moors’- and he dressed his followers in the fez of the Muslim people of the East! He also is quoted as saying, ‘Moors, you sleep too much. Wake up, and see the seven bridges crossing in the sky. Can you see that you are a people?’ Not an ‘organization’ – we are a people! We are a nation!’ “ – Minister Louis Farrakhan
* Web Master Notes: Keep in mind that Prophet Noble Drew Ali went to visit Marcus Garvey in prison. You can read that information in the section under the “Main Menu” on the left hand side of the website called “The Prophet Noble Drew Ali And Marcus Garvey connection”. Even though the Moors are known for being in North Africa and in Europe as seen by the Blackamoor heads in coat of arms, heraldry and seals of aristocrats and royal families; the Moors were all over the globe and especially in North America simultaneously in history because of our global Empire. The Moors are the ancient Moslems of the world. In our Moorish Holy Koran, Prophet Noble Drew Ali taught us that we are the original inhabitants of Northwestern and Southwestern Africa. In this context, Prophet Noble Drew Ali is speaking of the Americas; what is known as North America (Canada, United States, Alaska, Caribbean Islands, Greenland), Central and South America. In our Moorish Holy Koran, Prophet Noble Drew Ali shows that we inhabited this region of the earth before the continents split as shown in the Moorish Holy Koran Chapter XLVII or chapter 47 verse 1-7:
“1. The inhabitants of Africa are the descendants of the ancient Canaanites from the land of Canaan.
2. Old man Cush and his family are the first inhabitants of Africa who came from the land of Canaan.
3. His father Ham and his family were second. Then came the word Ethiopia, which means the demarcation line of the dominion of Amexem, the first true and divine name of Africa. The dividing of the land between the father and the son.
4. The dominion of Cush, North-East and South-East Africa and North-West and South-West was his father’s dominion of Africa.
5. In later years many of their bretheren from Asia and the Holy Lands joined them.
6. The Moabites from the land of Moab who received permission from the Pharaohs of Egypt to settle and inhabit North-West Africa; they were the founders and are the true possessors of the present Moroccan Empire. With their Canaanite, Hittite, and Amorite bretheren who sojourned from the land of Canaan seeking new homes.
7. Their dominion and inhabitation extended from North-East and South-West Africa, across great Atlantis even unto the present North, South, and Central America and also Mexico and the Atlantis Islands; before the great earthquake, which caused the great Atlantic Ocean.”
Amexem is the divine name for modern Africa of today and Ancient Africa. In your research you will see that when the Atlantic Ocean, also known as the Ethiopian/Ethiopic Ocean was formed because of the continents splitting/shifting, that was over 180 – 150 million years ago. So our Prophet Noble Drew Ali, himself an awaken Moor/Moabite is bringing the sleeping Moors in the western hemisphere the information of who they were before slavery. The Prophet also said in our Moorish Holy Koran 47:10-11, “What your ancient forefathers were, you are today without doubt or contradiction. There is no one who is able to change man from the descendant nature of his forefathers; unless his power extends beyond the great universal Creator Allah Himself.“
The Moorish fez also originated in the west, in the Americas and was worn all over the world, throughout the Empire in many different styles, height, color, variations and with and without the tassel. The fez also did not originate in Fez/Fes of Morocco in North Africa of today, that was the region in which the fez was being made in mass production. However the Moors were known for their high fez with black tassel. The Fez did not originate in the east. Prophet Noble Drew Ali was returning the fez to the Moorish-Americans; the ancient religious and national headdress of our ancient Moorish/Moabite ancestors from the Americas. The turban is also a Moorish headdress.
Minister Louis Farrakhan continued his great talk about some of our great male and female leaders after the Nation of Islam event with a “How Strong Is The Foundation, Can We Survive Part II” in Chicago. The banner below shows Prophet Noble Drew Ali in the center along with other leaders.
In a newspaper article, that was under the umbrella of Imam W. Deen Mohammed called Muslim Journal; the No.27 issue done on April 7, 2006, there was a picture of the Prophet Noble Drew Ali and the Moorish Science Temple on the cover and an article that was a few pages long. In the article, a citacion from one of Imam W. Deen Mohammed books was cited where he stated “If a man responds to the genes and better spirit of his ancestors, you cannot keep him in the dark. You may try to keep him there, but eventually you will find him with a light. You will wonder ‘How did you get a light? There was no way out of this place’. G-d is the one who lights from within. Now many may want to play down the importance of what I have just said, but give another explanation, if you can as to how this happens. And the Civil Rights Movement marchers along with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Mother Rosa Parks used to sing ‘This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine…’ And many before them came to know of that ‘light’ in the soul that could not be extinguished.”
The Moorish-Americans can look up “THE SPEECH OF HENRY BERRY (OF JEFFERSON), IN THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES OF VIRGINIA ON ABOLITION OF SLAVERY” done on FRIDAY, January 20, 1832. In that speech, Mr. Berry addressed the house and said:
“Sir, we have, as far as possible closed every avenue by which light might enter their mind; we have only to go one step further – to extinguish the capacity to see the light, and our work would be completed; they would then be reduced to the level of the beasts of the field, and we should be safe; and I am not certain that we would not do it, if we could find out the necessary process – and that under the plea of necessity. But, sir, this is impossible; and can man be in the midst of freemen, and not know what freedom is?“
We must be forever thankful to Allah, for preparing our Prophet Noble Drew Ali to bring the light of truth to us in the Americas in 1913. Prophet Noble Drew Ali in the Moorish Literature is seen stating over and over about bringing us from out of darkness and into the marvelous light. The light of truth and divine guidance is what kept Prophet Noble Drew Ali 50 years ahead. “Genius citizens” that the Prophet spoke about that came after him such as Grand Sheiks Timothy and Richardson Dingle-El were 20 years ahead based on what was being done and demonstrated on pertaining to the National side of the Moorish movement with the light of the Proclamations of President Abraham Lincoln and the 13th Amendment with 20 sections of 1865.
The Muslim Journal article continued about speaking on the works of Prophet Noble Drew Ali stating “He started his Movement among African Americans, calling them Moorish Scientists. This group was a forerunner to the Nation of Islam. Many members of the Nation of Islam were first members of the Moorish Science temples. The earliest members of the Nation of Islam actually wore the red fezzes with the tassels, like the Moorish Scientists did. On the front of the Moorish Science Temple publication were the words, ‘Prevention of sin and crime.’ The members of the Nation of Islam carried I.D. cards on them that read, ‘This person is a righteous Muslim. If he is caught being otherwise, take this card and punish him.’ “
The fez and membership card was a known custom by the members of the Moorish Science Temple and still is today. The article continues “Before his untimely death in 1929, Drew had established over 15 branch temples, 20 subordinate temples and his membership was estimated to be over 100,000. These faithful members had established Moorish businesses, as well as other institutions, such as newspapers and schools.”
We are happy to see that many are recognizing the works of Prophet Noble Drew Ali, the purpose of his movement which is continuing today through the Moorish Science Temple The Divine and National Movement of North America, Inc #13 The Moorish American National Republic.